January 2015 - February 2015
Build Engineer Contractor
- Designed, developed, documented and tested Python 3 tool to automatically download, update via repository subscription, and manage local virtualized development environments using Vagrant, Virtualbox, Nexus, Git, and Sphinx.
- Source-control configuration management for Nexus server via SaltStack and Pillar for staging, test, build, and local deployment environments.
- Created Vagrant system with Saltstack provisioning for one of our test environments.
December 2014 - January 2015
Build Engineer Contractor
- Implemented portable, virtualized development environment using Vagrant with automatic Puppet provisioning.
- Set up version control for two codebases using the Git version control system.
- Debugged Python build-scripts.
- Set up asynchronous pre-receive validation Git hooks, asynchronous post-receive validation git hooks, and fabric scripts for our production codebase.
- Automated branching strategy with shell script, later with LibGit2 bindings.
- Set up merge-revert procedure that would allow a transparent un-merge and re-opening of a pull-request without removing or hiding results of a Git differential, and without needing intervention from the client software like Stash or Github.
- Specified and scripted Copy-on-Write artifact replication, and server requirements for same.
September 2014 - October 2014
- Set up shell-provisioned vagrant build system.
- Set up, on a short schedule, a really frustrating AML/KYC API for automatic customer approval on signup.
- Refactored security and dependency management incrementally.
Software Development Contractor
- Set up continuous integration system, packaged Android app release, and supported templating scheme for localization.
- Furthered ease of multisignature implementation by helping to draft and present article on the Married Wallets "meta-standard".
- Handled technical support for other programmers.
January 2012 - March 2013
Chief Information Officer
- Maintained company security, set up the usual data management systems, and added Ebay and Amazon sales channels, the latter of which failed abysmally.
- Set up inventory control and testing regimen.
West General Acoustics-San Jose, CA
April 2009 - January 2013
Technical Vice President
- Changed business model by increasing volume of national and materials-only sales to >50%.
- Designed & developed, scripted, and trained for our Customer Relationship Management system.
- Centralized fileserver, hosting, and backup services.
- Began document control program.
StarVista-San Mateo, California
- Technical lead for rebranding and the rapid setup of a new website.